When faced with damages to a business or property, the policyholder might have to set up a claim for damages with their insurance company, especially after a hurricane. The losses that come from major storms are well-known and have affected thousands of individuals over the past decade. In fact, hurricane Irma alone cost billions of dollars in damages to the state of Florida and other areas affected by its powerful winds and abundance of rainfall. Before feeling stuck and in frustration with their insurance company, they should know that they have the option of seeking help from a skillful public adjuster in Miami if the homeowner faces issues with their insurance company or just want some clarification on some material they may not comprehend within their own policy. In addition, due to the various subject matters within one policy like deductibles, limitations, and exclusion, acquiring their help is highly advisable.
Hurricane Public adjusters are involved in your insurance claims when you are not satisfied with the monetary compensation that you want or need through the hurricane claim, or it could even just be if you don’t understand your policy with regards to the legal jargon compromised in the hurricane policy. They are there for you even if it’s a small or big issue that you are currently going through. Sometimes, they will reach out to you especially after a natural disaster, but it is advised that you should conduct your own research and find the best public adjuster for you depending on your needs.
What to Look for in a Public Adjuster for Hurricanes
- An essential aspect is knowing that the public adjuster that you select has an active license. Like that, not only do you know that they are legitimate, but you are also free of doubt. You can find out whether their current license is active through the website of Department of Insurance. If unable to find it there, you could always ask the public adjuster to show you proof that it is active. If they do have a valid one, they will not hesitate in demonstrating it to you.
- This shows that they are hardworking and are involved with other organizations that can help them be better public adjusters. Those who are involved and deligent are the ones who will do everything they can to grow in their field and assist you better during your claim.
- REVIEWING POLICY. A reputable public adjuster will sit you down and look thoroughly through your policy before making decisions and promises to settle your claims. It is important to take notice of this because you don’t want to be hiring an adjuster who gives you false hope and strings you along.
- NECESSARY FEES. In various states, the disclosure of a public adjusters’ fees is recommended to be detailed within the contract. Now, if a state is required to disclose this information, then they are not allowed to charge more than 10% of the total amount of the claim. Find out which one applies to your state.
- WEBSITE INVESTIGATION. Another good indicator for finding a top-notch public adjuster is to look at their You get the sense of who they are, what kind of claims they deal with and visit their reviews section. The reviews section helps you determine the kind of business and person they are. You want to have a public adjuster that is reputable, knowledgeable, well respected, and that values your time. For this reason, looking through their website can provide you an idea with the type of person they are.
- THIRD-PARTY EXPERIENCE. If you know someone who has had their fair share hiring a public adjuster, speak to them. Talking to them may help you decide on choosing the right and best public adjuster. In fact, the experiences they had with them could come to your attention if they refer you to their public adjuster.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. It is crucial to asks questions when you believe you found the perfect public adjuster for you. Some of those questions could be: “how long you have been a public adjuster?” or “what are your experiences in the type of claim that I have?”
Wanting the best possible results and obtaining an experienced public adjuster that knows their stuff could prove difficult. The road to finding the best public adjuster in Miami is taking into account all of the information that has been mentioned previously. Also, there are certain websites where one can learn of all the details of a public adjuster, such as the qualifications that they must have according to the AA Florida Public Adjuster Agency.
Top Three Reasons Why You Should Hire One!
Despite the need for a public adjuster, many individuals may be hesitant about hiring one because people are afraid of what they do not know. The majority of people are knowledgeable about an attorney, but not many know about public adjusters. But there some specific things that make a public adjuster highly desirable for the handling of hurricane insurance claim. These are three assets that a present with public adjusters:
- The Insurance claim will be maximized with the assistance of a public adjuster: The insurance company always wants to have their own interests satisfied, not yours. For that reason, they will bring adjusters that work for them, and in that, these adjusters will do everything possible to benefit their employer, the insurance company. These individuals will “assess” “all” your damages and provide this information to the insurance company, where they then will decide how much they are going to offer you. Naturally, because this adjuster works for them, the number they provide them will not be the true amount that you deserve. They will always offer less than what you merit. Because money is the big factor for any claim, a public adjuster can ensure that their clients will not get low-balled by their company providing them the coverage that they have.
- Until You Have Been Provided with a Settlement amount, we don’t get paid: The way public adjusters work is through a contingency fee. This suggests that if you do not receive any money from the claim, they will not get paid anything. This provides public adjuster with motivation to do the best they can to win you a fair settlement amount. In other words, a public adjuster will have both of your interests in mind.
- The Burden of the claim comes right off! Grief, stress, and frustration can set in after enduring damages to your Miami home or business. In addition, the insurance companies may be giving you a hard time and have you thinking that they did not keep the promises that your policy was supposed to provide. At Churchill public adjusters, we lift all that burden from you and allow you to use your time to focus on recuperating, both mentally and by repairing your home.
If these benefits mentioned above do not incline an individual to select a Miami public adjuster, then I do not know what will. You get paid more money, they do not charge fees until you have won, and you are stress-free during the whole process! What more can you ask for?
Damages Caused by Hurricanes to Life and Property
People need to understand the seriousness that is tied with the aftermath of major storms like hurricanes. Property damage and loss of life are exponential. Thousands of people are left without power, while thousands more do not have a house to come back to. It is crucial that policyholders and studied about their policies and contact experienced hurricane public adjusters in Miami at the time of need. These are some shocking damages that have been caused through various hurricanes in Miami throughout the years:
- The gusts winds of hurricane Harvey were more than 100 mph and caused extensive damage
- Regardless of hurricane Bertha being 1,000 miles away from the shore, it resulted in really rough rip currents that required rescues for over a 1-week period in Maryland and resulted in the death of three people
- Irma was the cause of property damage amounting to 65 billion dollars
- Houston, Texas was flooded with over 4 feet of water as a direct result of Hurricane Harvey
- Just a cubic-yard of water amounts to 1,700 pounds
This is an image with the types of damages that can be caused by hurricanes and their category.
*Image provided by Business Insider*
US. Hurricane Strikes by Decade
Number of hurricanes by Saffir-Simpson Category to strike the mainland U.S. each decade.
|Average Per Decade||7.1||4.7||4.6||1.2||0.2||17.7||6.0|
The above figure is provided by the National Hurricane Center
I’m sure the above numbers and statistical charts have shocked many and brought a reality check to some. Do not make yourself another statistics as a result of a hurricane. Not only do you get the wind damage, but you also get flooding, storm surge, tornadoes, and even rip tides as a result of a hurricane formation. These are issues to keep in mind before facing a hurricane. Prepare yourself, keep your family and yourself safe.
Choose the Best Public Adjuster in Miami
Choosing the best public adjuster in Miami could be difficult. There are many elements involved with choosing the right one, but if faced with a hurricane claim, needing one is a must. This article was formulated with the idea to bring people a sense of hope and understanding of what a public adjuster for hurricanes could provide them with. Also, it was intended to bring people a reality check that hurricanes are serious. One requires protection and a qualified hurricane public adjuster to handle their claim. At Churchill, we hope that we have provided enough information and insight to help you choose the right Miami public adjuster for you. Feel free to contact us at any time. We may be the indicated public adjusters for you.