Everyone’s least favorite organism and the persistent, mold can present several health problems and hazards. With the perfect climate for it to grow in West Palm Beach, mold will thrive and grow at a faster rate than expected. It’s important to know what needs to be done to prevent it.
What is mold?
Mold is prevalent in dry, humid and moist places. They create small spores that hang on to anything and everything if they are in the perfect environment. Mold is commonly found in your bathroom, kitchen, garage, and even your bedroom and living room. If mold remediation is not done in a proper manner, it can be dangerous to you, your family and business’ health. Take the necessary actions as soon as possible.
Mold Insurance Coverage
Mold or mildew coverage will not be covered by your insurance because homeowners can prevent it. The only way its covered is if it’s under your covered peril section of your policy. Be sure that you are covered especially if you’re living in an area with lots of humidity and moisture like West Palm Beach.
In the instance where you’re not covered, you can get what its called a “buy-back” endorsement. Which means that you must pay a lot more money on your insurance so that you can get mold coverage. You’re giving more money towards your policy just to have a mold damage covered in your insurance.
Things You Need to Have When Filing A Claim in West Palm Beach, FL:
- Policy number, name, address, email, immediate contact information and most importantly
- Provide a detailed description of the damages, when and where they are.
- If it is absolutely needed, contact authorities and compile a list of all the people you talk to and their information.
- Provide the information if you get a hold of emergency services or damage mitigation companies to your insurance company.
Here’s What Happens When A Public Adjuster Helps You
If you’ve already filed an insurance claim and its been denied, your best bet is to reach out to a public adjuster to assist you in reopening and fighting for the settlement you need. Public adjusters lead you to understand the process and explain everything that is happening in your claim. This is what you can expect if you let a public adjuster help you:
- Call Churchill’s public adjusters in West Palm Beach, FL for a free consultation
- Visit in person and discuss the damages
- Our public adjusters will then tell you that they will arrange for an inspector to come and if not, the public adjusters themselves will go in and inspect the damages
- After the investigation, you will be given an amount on the damages and we will negotiate with your insurance company for the appropriate monetary reimbursement.
You may not always see it but it is there. Mold can be found almost anywhere we go, even in our homes. But there are some mold that are not hazardous but those that are should be removed immediately. Here’s how to prevent mold:
- Spills should be cleaned within the next 24 hours
- Dry out wet materials so that mold won’t grow in them
- Turn your air conditioning unit on to reduce the humidity or use a dehumidifier
- Have zero carpets in your bathroom, kitchen, basement, or anywhere that has moisture
Frequently Asked Questions
How are mold and mildew different?
Mold and mildew vary from color to texture and they are two different types of fungi. Mildew is more common in homes while mold is common outdoors.
Can mold spread quickly?
Mold can spread only if it’s been disrupted in its environment. It is not recommended to wipe down mold with bleach because it can cause mold spores to spread quickly throughout your property.