Denied claims are something nobody wants to go through especially since your property is damaged. There is no way to handle such thing without feeling like the world is against. Some of the things you can do are:
- Relax, you’re not the only one going through a denied claim.
- Gather all the documents and look through your insurance policy. Look for what it covers and entails. Most of the time, people’s claims get denied simply because they aren’t covered for the specific damages.
- Go online or call up your insurance company to fill out the appeals form and kindly ask them why your claim was denied.
- If your insurance company is against you, call the most experienced public adjuster in West Palm Beach: Churchill’s Public Adjuster.
Reasons Why You Policy Might’ve Gotten Denied
- Your claim wasn’t filed on time
- Your premiums weren’t paid on time
- Giving inaccurate information
- Not giving enough information
- The damage isn’t part of your policy
- You didn’t take the time to mitigate the damages
How to prevent denied claims
It is indeed no doubt a stressful situation when your insurance claim gets denied so here are tips to prevent that from happening:
- Look thoroughly over your policy. Check to make sure you are covered for the claim that you’ve filed.
- If a damage in your home have been done, don’t wait to report it. Report the damages as soon as possible.
- Be sure you’re to pay for premiums on time
- Diminish the damages that have been done to your property
- Put together all the documents and submit it to your insurance company.
If your claim got denied, don’t worry because you have a chance to reopen your claim/s again! Lucky for you, Palm Beach County or the state of Florida in general lets you reopen your claims within 5 years from the time you’ve filed. If you aren’t sure what factors that are being allowed to reopen a claim or the process of reopening a claim, contact Churchill’s public adjuster to help you get started! We are experienced in reopening claims and getting you the amount that you deserve! Call now for a free consultation!
What Denied Claim Can Be Reopened?
You are entitled to reopen claims if:
- You forgot to add additional damages
- You only got compensated for repairs but not for replacement costs.
- You feel like you’ve been low-balled or underpaid for the damages.
Reopened Claims Process
Your life becomes easier if you’ve hired a public adjuster to help you reopen your claim. Here’s how the process will go:
- Contact our public adjusters to assist you in getting started
- We will then visit your home or business and look through all documents that you have compiled
- We will then give you an estimated amount of the damages that were made
- If it all goes well, we will then contact your insurance company and work out a settlement with them about the damages and cost.
- We will go with them to reinspect the damages and come to negotiate the damages and how much reimbursement you will get.
I have cancelled insurance, am I allowed to reopen a claim?
It depends on your insurance company and what claim you’re reopening. If you already signed a release form, reopening your claim will not go through and will most likely be denied.