Like drain lines, the plumbing in our homes will eventually wear out and leaks will occur. It’s important to recognize that if you cannot fix it yourself trust it to a professional to do so. You don’t want to find yourself working on fixing the problem without a clue on how to do so, with the chance of making it even worse than it was before. If you’re unsure check with a professional, your insurance to see if it’s covered, or work with a public adjuster to get another opinion about the situation.
Plumbing Leaks Coverage
Property owners experience plumbing leaks at some point in their lifetime. Whether its due to wear and tear, vandalism, or natural disasters, it is inevitable, but it can be fixed either by means of filing an insurance claim or preventing it yourself. If you’re filing an insurance claim, be sure to check your policy if you’re covered. You should be covered for:
- Dwelling coverage: any damage that were made to the physical property of your home or business
- Coverage on your property: this includes your personal belongings that were destroyed during the plumbing leaks
- Additional Living expenses: you will be reimbursed if the damages were so severe that you had to temporarily live in a hotel or Airbnb and it would also cover you for any food you’ve bought during the time you were gone due to repairs.
What your insurance company won’t reimburse you for:
- Damage was because of old age deterioration
- Signs of wear and tear because as a property owner it is your responsibility to get it fixed
- Insurance companies will also look to see if the broken pipe is old or new
- The location of the damages
If you’re residing in Palm Beach County and are having trouble with your insurance company because of a plumb leak claim that you’ve filed, hire one of our experience public adjusters to help you in resolving this issue. Many insurance companies know that you may or may not know a lot about your home or business insurance company policies and coverage and that is one of the many things we will help you understand what is or isn’t on your policy. On Top of that, we will help you to file your claim, or reopen your claim so that you can get the maximum amount of monetary reimbursement for the plumbing leak damages that were made in your home. Don’t hesitate and contact us for a free consultation!
Causes for Plumbing Leaks
Many of the common causes for plumbing leaks could be, but not limited to:
- Rusty drain pipes
- Uneven water pressure
- Cracks that are made due to temperature changes
- Growth of tree roots
- Natural movement of the property which could cause a shift in the pipes too
Ways To Know If You Have a Plumbing Leak
- Your monthly water bill statement is higher than what you normally pay
- Different parts of your property is unusually wet
- The water meter pinwheel spins constantly spin even if all the water in your home is off
I want to fix my plumbing leaks myself using a DIY website. What can i avoid from common plumbing mistakes?
- Forgetting to turn off your water system
- Not having a complete kit
- Excessive amounts of drain cleaner