Air conditioners in Miami are always essential especially in the peak of the summer season. We rely on air conditioner because of the intense heat we get. But we always almost forget that sometimes air conditioners break, just like any other appliance in our homes. Having a Public Adjuster for broken AC or Leaks in Miami, FL is important for you to get the most out of your home owners insurance. Below is important information regarding air conditioners from the knowledge and experience of our public adjusters.
Common Causes for A/C Leaks
All home appliances will eventually break due to various reasons especially your air conditioner. Air conditioners are used for the intense heat Miami always gets all year round. There are many common causes to air conditioning leaks but some are, but not limited to:
- Cracked drain pans
- Not changing your air filters constantly
- There’s a clog in the condensate line
- Might be too cold to use the A/C
How To File An A/C Leak Claim in Miami
You need to be very careful in filing an A/C leak claim so that it won’t get denied and you won’t get underpaid. Some of the things you can do are:
- Take adequate photos of the leak
- Compose documents stating the model make, type and serial number of the A/C
- If the leak is due to vandalism, report it to authorities and obtain a copy to give to your insurance company
- Contact your insurance company and file the report
- Your insurance carrier will provide their own public adjuster that will come into your home to inspect it
- They will then give you an estimated value of repairs cost
- If the amount that you’ve received isn’t what you expected, call one of our public adjusters to assist you on your claim
If Insurance Denies Your A/C Leak Claim in Miami
Many a/c claims get denied in Miami for the simplest things even if you provide sufficient information. If in fact, you’ve received a denied claim in Miami, some of the reasons why that happened is before:
- Not providing all the documents for the claim
- Your insurance policy does not include the claim you are filing
- The claim value you wrote is incorrect
- Your insurance provider doesn’t think you took the right actions to prevent the damage
- Your claim does not have enough evidence
The Bruno family got their air conditioner installed in the beginning months of summer on their roof by a company called America’s Economic Air Conditioning Corporation. A few months after the installation, they found themselves putting buckets in every room of the house because their roof was leaking due to the air condition that they have had installed. The Bruno family contacted the contractors and America’s Economic Air Conditioning Corporation but their calls were being denied. They then got a hold of an inspector who concluded that the A/C that is installed in their attic was not done properly and that the company who installed it did not have a permit thus violating the county codes. Rocco Bruno, now faces being fined because of not having a permit and the county opened an investigation on the home.
Tips for preventing A/C leaks especially in Miami
- When it’s cool outside, turn the A/C off and open your windows.
- When you do open your A/C, make sure all the windows in your home are closed as to not waste the cold air.
- If you’re using a fan inside your home, be sure to turn it off when you leave.
- Regularly check and clean your air conditioning filter.
- Setting your thermostat to 78 degrees F can cut down to 5-8% on your bill.
What’s the cost of fixing a Freon leak in my air conditioner?
Freon leaks are dangerous in your home if its not taken care of properly or if you’re unaware of it. That’s why it is important for you to get your A/C checked and maintained to avoid a Freon leak. In the case that you do need to fix a Freon leak, it would cost about $1000 or more. It is up to you to bargain that price with professionals. If they say that you need to get a whole new A/C unit, it would most likely cause $3000 or more.
What type of tools do I need if I’m able to do it on my own?
If you’re fixing an air conditioner by yourself, be sure that you’re going to do it correctly because if it’s not done properly, your insurance company won’t reimburse you. But if you are doing it by yourself, some things that you need are: cordless drill, adjustable wrench, 2 insulated screwdrivers, pliers, socket or ratchet set, voltage tester, and nut driver. As for materials, you need a condenser fan motor, compressed air, contactor, fuses, and capacitor.
My air conditioner has water forming in it, why does it do that?
The inside of your air conditioning unit has an evaporator coil, the warm air that’s being blown is cooled by the coil. So, there are five causes to why water worms in your air conditioner. One, the condensate line is clogged, there can also be a rusty or damaged drain pan, the condensate pump could also be broken, in other cases you need to change your air filter because its ditty, or your refrigerant is low. Depending on how bad the damages are, you can either repair or replace your A/C unit.
When should I replace my air filters?
It is required for you to change your air filters every month. You should not wait until there’s a backup in your A/C unit because it could lead to bigger problems.
Should I spend the money to pay for professionals to get an A/C checkup?
However you spend your money is up to you. But it is advisable that you hire a technician because they can better assist you in how you can prolong the lifespan of your air conditioner. Regularly maintaining your air conditioning unit is vital especially in Miami where it is constantly hot and humid.
- Boca Raton
- Churchill Public Adjuster in Cutler Bay, FL
- Churchill Public Adjusters Directions in Aventura, FL
- Churchill Public Adjusters Driving Directions from South Miami, FL
- Churchill Public Adjusters in Doral, FL
- Churchill Public Adjusters in Hialeah, FL
- Churchill Public Adjusters in Homestead, FL
- Churchill Public Adjusters in Miami Beach, FL
- Churchill Public Adjusters in Miami Lakes, FL
- Churchill Public Adjusters in Miami, FL
- Churchill Public Adjusters in North Miami, FL
- Churchill Public Adjusters in Opa Locka, FL
- Churchill Public Adjusters in Pinecrest, FL
- Churchill Public Adjusters in Sunny Isles, FL
- Churchill Public Adjusters in Sweetwater, FL
- Churchill Public Adjusters in West Miami, FL
- Churchill Public Adjusters in West Palm Beach, FL
- Churchill Public Adjusters Serving Palmetto Bay
- El Portal, FL Driving Directions to Churchill Public Adjusters
- Fort Lauderdale
- Kendall, FL Churchill Public Adjusters
- Miami Gardens, FL