Many businesses throughout Miami-Dade county suffer from business interruptions. Whether or not there’s building damages or temporary repairs, businesses end up filing a business interruption claim through their insurance companies. Sometimes, it will get denied due to insufficient evidence and support for the claim. If you are having this problem, hire one of Churchill’s public adjusters for a business interruption claim today to help you obtain the most for your business.
Insurance Claims for Commercial Properties in Miami, FL
Business interruption insurance claims resulting from a multitude of damages such as:
What Can Cause A Business Interruption?
Some of the common causes for business interruption don’t typical happen in Miami but it doesn’t hurt to mention so that you can be aware:
- Natural disasters are a common cause especially in Miami because of hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis or any other severe weather conditions that prevent us from working.
- Fires are also another reason for a business to be interrupted. Of course this factor need to be investigated by authorities so that your insurance company can determine whether or not you will be covered.
- Lastly, terrorist attacks. This doesn’t usually happen but you can look into getting one for your own safety and awareness.
How To File A Business Interruption Claim
The 3 things you need to immediately do if you’re experiencing property damage and you want to file an interruption claim:
- Compile documents. These documents will help you and your insurance company get an estimate amount of the damages that were made to your business.
- Mitigate damages. Preventing your property from getting more damaged is essentially in this process because any damage that is done after you’ve filed the claim won’t be covered in your insurance.
- Report it to authorities and your insurance company. Contacting local authorities if you need to put out a fire, flood, or any other service damages will help you in the long run. And of course, call your insurance company and notify them of the damages, what you’ve done and give all the documents that they ask for.
What are some additional coverage can I get with a business insurance?
Some of things you can get covered for are coverage for damages made to the outside of your business property, professional/product liability, if you have an auto insurance for your business can also be covered, breakdown of equipment, compromised data and more.
I have a small business, should I still get insurance?
Small businesses are advised to get insurance because they are in danger of getting damaged. Moderate to larger businesses don’t face this danger because they can financially withstand any property damage. Small businesses should get business insurance for their safety and they be assisted through your insurance company during a calamity.
What does ELTO mean?
ELTO stands for Employers Liability Tracing Office. This service will basically help anyone that is or has been injured or gained a disease in the work place.
Is workers compensation insurance necessary?
Almost every state requires workers compensation insurance to protect employers from possible lawsuits that may happen in a workplace. However, the amount an employee gets vary from state to state and situation to situation.
Do I need other insurance other than business interruption?
Yes, you may need flood insurance, or from other coverage from terrorism or even earthquakes. It depends on the area of your business or whatever you prefer. But it is advisable to get flood insurance if you aren’t working in a commercial building.