You may have gotten a letter in the mail or even a phone call from your insurance company stating that your claim has been denied. Well, you’re not alone! Many insurance companies have various reasons to deny your claim such as:
- Not giving sufficient information
- Not filing for the right claim
- Or not paying for your monthly insurance payment on time
Whatever the reason may be, there is still hope! Most insurance companies that serve you denied claims give you the opportunity to reopen your claim. This means that you can provide more information, file the correct claim, or even file more claims than you did the last time. However, if you don’t want to stress enough of doing things on your own, Churchill public adjusters will do it on your behalf!
Tips On What To Do Next If You Get Your Claim Denied in Miami, FL
At this point, you’re more stressed or frustrated than you have ever been because you just got your claimed denied by your insurance company. Here’s what you can do next:
- Go through your policy again. Checking to make sure if you are covered or did everything correctly because it is vital in this process.
- Next, look at your denial notice. Read it carefully and make notes of what doesn’t make sense to you.
- Look at all the documents you submitted. Looking over all the evidence you’ve provided is essentially because insurance company’s look over and miss important details in your documents.
- Get a hold of a public adjuster. Public adjusters can work hand in hand with you if you’ve have denied claims or many other claims.
Denied Claims and Public Adjusters in Miami, FL
Have you been a victim to damages that were made in your property and your insurance company either underpaid your claim, or even denied it? Well contacting an experience public adjuster like the ones at Churchill’s will all the more invest their time in your situation. We will help you step by step in your denied claims process and give you the proper explanations and all the answers to the questions you’re looking for.
You should not be stressed even more than you need to! Help us, help you to get the settlement that you need to fix any damages in property. Contact us today for a free consultation!
How to Prevent Denied Claims
Of course, there are many ways to prevent your claims from getting denied. Some tips are:
- Get a hold of your insurance provider and ask them explain to you why your claims were denied.
- Some people don’t know this but if you wait a long time to file an insurance claim, there’s a high chance that it will get denied.
- Regularly pay for your premiums
- If you don’t mitigate the damages, your claims can be denied
- Have a list of all the necessary documents you need that needs to be submitted to your insurance company because if you miss just one, it will be denied.
Re-open Claims in Miami
Reopening claims isn’t necessarily limited to denied claims and it is legal for five years! Reopening claims in Miami happens everyday because insurance companies deny a lot of the claims that people file. So what are some ways that claims can be reopened? Well you are allowed to reopen claims if:
- You’ve filed a claim before but forgot to claim some other things that were damaged. Most homes in Miami especially after we’ve been hit with a hurricane or tropical storm, we might forget to add a few things or discover new damages.
- You got a check for the value of the damages and it didn’t include the amount of how much the replacement could be.
- You feel like your insurance company didn’t give you enough for the damages that are on your property.
How can a public adjuster help me with my denied/reopen claims?
Public adjusters advice and help policy holders on getting a better settlement on their claims. They also independently work on behalf of the policy holder rather than the insurance companies.
Public adjusters are experts at understanding insurance policy claims such as filing a claim and working on denied or reopened claims. Especially after getting a denied claim, public adjusters will help you understand why your claim was denied and help you solve that problem. They can also help you reopen a claim if necessary and get the maximum settlement that you need.