Filing a residential claim after your home or property has been damaged is troublesome and lengthy. Here are some helpful tips in order to help you make the process a lot easier:
Information you need when filing an insurance claim in Miami
To file a claim properly and to get the monetary compensation you desire in Miami, FL be sure to provide as much information as you can, especially if you’re filing with one of our Churchill Public Adjusters. Here’s a list of things you will need to provide:
- Policy holder information which includes the name and names of everyone in your policy, address, email, phone number and your policy number.
- Provide a detailed description of the damages which includes, the date and time, location and information on all damages that were done.
- Contact local authorities if needed especially if there’s been a fire, flood or leak in your home at Miami, FL, calling authorities can help mitigate the damages properly.
- After all these things have been done, give all this information to your public adjusters so that they can provide these things when negotiating with your insurance company.
What A Public Adjuster Can Do To Help You
Public adjusters can be of great help to you in your time of crisis. There are many public adjusters in Miami but Churchill’s Public Adjusters is one of the top leading public adjusters in the state. We will help you in your claims settlement! We can assist you in:
- Understanding and looking over your policy
- Compiling all the documents you need for the claim
- Give your insurance company an extensive detailed estimate of the repairs
- Prepare photos and video footage of the damages
- To look for proper attorneys, contractors, roofers, plumbers, etc.
- Present and negotiate the claim to your insurance company
- Keep you notified on the status of your claims.
Is it required to have a homeowners insurance?
It is required only if your home is financed but if not, then it is your choice to get homeowners insurance. If you live in area where flood or natural disasters are prevalent, your lender may require you to get additional insurance for those types of disasters.
I don’t understand my settlement on my policy, what do I do?
Insurance companies have a very complex policy. It is detailed and difficult to understand so you are not alone. Each policy is also different from other homeowners’ insurance companies because of what it covers. You should call your insurance agent and ask them to clarify what’s on your policy.
If you are still having a difficult time understanding what is or isn’t in your policy, then your second option is to seek a public adjuster for residential damage in Miami. Public adjusters will explain and answer all your questions regarding your policy and the settlement that you’ve received.
My home has been damaged, should I call a public adjuster before I call my insurance company?
You should call a Miami public adjuster for residential damage before anything else because they can advise you and save you time from whether you should be filing a claim or not. Insurance companies take a long time to handle a claim but if you hire a public adjuster, they can advice you the process in a timely manner.
What if I don’t have all the documents my insurance is asking me for, right away?
It’s normal and happens to everyone. Just to be sure that if you do get all the necessary information and documents, you should immediately contact your insurance company and report it to them. In this way, your claim can be processed as soon as possible.
There has been a tree from my neighbors’ yard that has fallen into my house, is my insurance going to cover it?
Yes, most homeowners insurance will give you coverage under dwelling protection. Depending on the damage, your insurance and your neighbors’ insurance will have to negotiate with one another if they’re willing to split the cost of the repairs.