Roof leaks are common in Miami, FL homes because of torrential downpours during the rainy summer season. However, over time the downpours can cause damaging effects to homes. It eventually wears out the material on the homes roof making it more susceptible to roof leaks. Roof leaks can cause water damage as well as flooding. While most homeowners insurance cover roof leaks, it is vital to always check your policy just in case. A knowledgeable public adjuster for roof leaks in Miami, FL can help you revise and review your legal options about the insurance coverage of your home.
What Your Insurance Will Cover
Most homeowners insurance cover roof leaks depending on the cause of the leak. If you have the dwelling coverage in your policy, it should be able to cover the leak damages. Dwelling coverage means covers the structure of your home. Say, for example, if you’re dealing with roof leak damages caused by wind, fire or hail, dwelling coverage will give you the settlement you need for the damages.
Experiences You May Have Due To A Roof Leak In Miami
- Mold, we live in a very humid and wet environment and this entails mold and mildew growth.
- There could be damages to your attic and the inside of your home
- Roof leak damages can start a fire especially if electrical wiring is near the damages.
- Your utility bills will be high because of the insulation.
How to Prevent Roof Leaks
Preventing roof leaks can save you money, time and the stress with having to deal with your insurance company. Here are some tips on how you can prevent roof leaks:
- Look at places where you can normally find roof leaks
- Shower leaks are common so if there is a leak a simple fix like putting plastic sheeting over it can temporarily fix it.
- You can climb the roof and temporarily fix an issue with a hammer, nails tar and a flashlight or whatever is needed to fix it.
- You can even repair or replace a damaged or missing shingle if needed.
Roof Leaks Case Study
A retired government worker had a roof leak in his Miami Gardens home in the beginning of 2016. He filed a roof leak claim through Universal Property and Casualty and only rewarded him with $2,300, which is less than what the damage is actually worth. So, he hired a public adjuster on his behalf to reopen the claim and fight for more monetary reimbursement. His public adjuster negotiated with his insurance company and gained an additional $11,000 for the damages.
Why you should hire a public adjuster for Roof Damage
Hiring a public adjuster is your best bet in getting the monetary settlement that you need for the damages that were made in your property. Roof Leaks in Miami are very common because we often get thunderstorms and hurricanes come our way. Over time, our roof’s get damaged thus causing a roof leak. What better way to get a stress-free reimbursement if you don’t contact one of Churchill’s experienced public adjuster in Miami, FL for roof leaks today! Contact us for a free consultation.
Public Adjusting Claim tips for damages by Serafin Martinez on Scribd